THE STICKY NOTE OF NEWS

Nothing to see here... Move along please... YES THAT MEANS YOU MADAM... Keep things moving... :)

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Three days off, hooray!

A very quick post today, just to say that I am OFF WORK for THREE WHOLE DAYS, today to Thursday, so I might not end up posting again until Friday.  It's so nice to know that I have a few days to relax, y'know?  From now right up to October or so we only get one day a week off work - tourist season and all that - so having three days together is an amazing luxury!  We're making the most of the lull that has inevitably followed all those back-to-back Bank Holidays and the Easter break to take a longer mid-week time out for ourselves, Mum to do some decorating and enjoy some R&R, and me to be a complete lazy wench and read all day.  I've got some nice food in, I've done a few jobs already to get them out of the way, and now I'm hoping to settle in and enjoy some good books and maybe even a movie or two.

Soooooo, I'll be back in a day or three - I've already finished Lindsey Barraclough's Long Lankin, just a few minutes ago, and although I'll be reviewing it properly when I'm 'back' (as it were), I CAN tell you that it is absolutely incredible.  It made me scared to leave my windows open at night, had my heart hammering in my chest as the tension mounted, and left me weeping as I finished the last page.  Yup, it's that good...  *picks up another slice of pizza, crackles the sweetie wrappers and cracks open another book, cackling at her meanness at leaving all her lovely readers hanging so shamelessly*

Next up will be Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking - stay tuned for reviews of this and everything else I've managed to devour by the end of Thursday!

2 comments:

I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate buttons. AND THAT IS A LOT.