THE STICKY NOTE OF NEWS

I'm on Instagram now! Yes, I've finally joined the twenty-first century and acquired a smartphone. If you like pictures of books, cats, books, food and books, with the occasional detour into pretty scenery, you can check out my photos so far by clicking here, or my handle is blondebookgirl. :)

Friday, 29 October 2010

Half term hopping

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
Welcome, hoppers! Come in, come in, and allow me to take your coats and pour us all a nice warming drink to counter this chilly autumn air!  I'd tell you to take a break from all this hopping and snuggle up on a cosy chair by the fire - but of course, you're probably feeling curious, so feel free to sneak off and take a look around! I am a certified book addict, so there are plenty of reviews, reading thoughts and bookish memes here. I run a second-hand bookshop, so there's a mad customer story or two to make you laugh (or, er, weep at the state of humanity).  And I love my comfort food, so there's a fair amount of rambling about my favourite treats too...  At the moment it's absolutely mad here in Tourist Town, so I'm holding an informal YA fortnight to get me through half term in a rush of exciting and accessible books.  I'll be cramming in as many as I can by the end of Monday...
Soooo, have a browse, have a wander. And leave me a message in the comments so I can return the visit!

Here's this week's Hop question:
"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"
There could only be one possible answer to this question: my own library!  A big room completely lined with bookshelves (apart from the roaring fire, of course), with those sliding ladders and lots of dark, rich wood.  Cosy chairs and perhaps a chaise longue, Moroccan-style mosaic tables, a discreet music system for playing classical or gentle jazz music, good lighting for reading, and BOOKS!  Lots and lots of books.  Old favourites, books still to be read, swathes and swathes of books, on all kinds of subjects and by all kinds of authors.  My dream would be to have this library as my own space, with a door I could lock to escape the world, and then if I had book-loving children (or became an auntie!) one day, I would give them a key to the library on, say, their twelfth birthday, and they could enjoy it too.  It would be a kind of bookish rite of passage!  *drifts off into a swirly dreamland of books*

I love this question - I can't wait to read everyone else's replies!

NOTE:
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books

10 comments:

  1. I love your idea of giving kids a key to the library at the age of twelve. My dream is a library as well, although right now I'd really just like bookshelves that the kids can't reach!

    Here's my blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are totally on the same page with the library thing...I think I just wrote the same thing on my blog! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookish rite of passage..... very cute.

    I'm already a follower.

    Here is my post.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-hop-inspiration-for-my-libraryart.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most people have grabbed onto the library idea - how could we not, really?! And Belle is definitely to blame for the proliferation of sliding-ladder fantasies, methinks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping via the friday hops. I am your newest follower. For this week's question, I'd like to have my own library. Check my answer at Clandestine Sanctuary. Enjoy the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem as if most of us have a different variation to the same answer.

    My full answer can be found here - I also have a giveaway going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, Ellie! I'm an older follower and I like reading your reviews. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the hop. I'm a new follower.

    I wish I could have my own library as well.

    Have a nice weekend.

    http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome all! And I thought I recognised your photo Rummanah... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, I think 85 percent of us said library - great minds and all that! I posted a picture of what I would like mine to look like. It's, uh, ahem, nothing much. . . .

    -Linds, http://bibliophilebrouhaha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate buttons. AND THAT IS A LOT.